For students in Liberia, there are plenty of financial aid opportunities to help further your education. In this blog post, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 fully funded scholarships available to students in Liberia.
These scholarships cover tuition fees, living expenses, and more, making it possible for you to focus on your studies and achieve your educational goals. With this list, you’ll have everything you need to make your dream of a college education a reality.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
If you’re looking for an opportunity to expand your academic horizons and give back to your country, the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is an excellent choice. It’s tailored specifically for Lebanese students who have a passion for development, and it provides the chance to study at some of the world’s most prestigious universities.
- Citizenship of a Sub-Saharan African country (specific countries may vary depending on partner institutions).
- Demonstrated academic excellence.
- Coming from an economically disadvantaged background.
- Leadership potential and commitment to community service.
- Age range varies depending on program level (typically 18-30 for undergraduate and 25-35 for postgraduate).
- Varies depending on partner institutions. Research application deadlines and guidelines directly through specific university websites or NGO programs.
- Typically involves submitting academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, personal essays, and demonstrating financial need.
This program gives you an incredible opportunity to receive quality education without having to worry about the expenses.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship
With a mission to develop future African leaders, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship is an amazing opportunity for Liberian students. The foundation partners with top universities around the world to provide comprehensive scholarships that cover tuition, travel, and more.
What does the program offer?
- 12-month immersive fellowship experience at one of three prestigious African institutions:
- African Development Bank (Abidjan)
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa)
- International Trade Centre (Geneva)
- Work alongside senior leadership and gain practical experience in policy formulation and implementation.
- Mentorship from global experts in various fields of governance and development.
- $100,000 stipend to cover living expenses and program costs.
- Networking opportunities with fellow Fellows and prominent African leaders.
What are the benefits?
- Develop exceptional leadership skills and gain strategic insights into critical African issues.
- Contribute directly to positive change through your work at the host institution.
- Increase your visibility and career prospects within the African development landscape.
- Join a network of highly accomplished peers dedicated to shaping Africa’s future.
With an emphasis on leadership growth and development, the scholarship is tailor-made for ambitious Liberians eager to make a difference in their homeland and the African continent as a whole.
Read Also: Fully Funded Lesotho Scholarships
The Chevening Scholarships
Looking for a chance to study in the UK? The Chevening Scholarships might be your golden opportunity! Funded by the UK government’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and other partner organizations, this global scholarship program offers significant financial aid to students hailing from Liberia and other qualifying countries.
Who is eligible?
- Citizens of a country eligible for Chevening funding (check the official website for the current list).
- Aged between 25 and 35 years old at the time of application (exceptions may apply).
- Have completed an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated strong academic and leadership potential.
- Have at least two years of work experience (preferred).
- A strong command of the English language (IELTS score of 7.0 or above).
- Applications typically open in July and close in November/December each year.
- The application process is competitive and involves submitting an online application form, essays, letters of recommendation, and academic transcripts.
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
- Visit the Chevening website for detailed information and application guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/chevening-foundation
But the benefits don’t stop at the financial. As a Chevening Scholar, you’ll get to be part of the esteemed and influential Chevening global network, which is a community of leaders, influencers, and decision-makers.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship
Dedicated to promoting leadership and excellence in Africa, The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship offers a life-changing opportunity for passionate young leaders from Liberia and across Africa. This scholarship isn’t just a ticket to postgraduate studies, it’s a comprehensive program to foster exceptional leadership skills.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Citizens of any African country.
- Aged between 22 and 29 years at the time of application.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree with a strong academic record.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and a desire to contribute to Africa’s development.
- Possess strong leadership potential and communication skills.
- Applications typically open in February and close in May each year.
- The online application involves detailed essays, letters of recommendation, academic transcripts, and a motivational interview.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for regional interviews to assess their leadership potential and commitment to the program’s values.
This is so much more than just a financial aid package. The scholarship offers a comprehensive program that nurtures the whole student. From leadership development to networking opportunities, it’s designed to set you up for success. Add to that the chance to be mentored by industry professionals, and you’ve got a unique opportunity that could change the trajectory of your life.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
It takes a lot of hard work and determination to receive a 100% scholarship! There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of success. First, research the available scholarships and ensure you meet all the eligibility requirements. Next, write a compelling scholarship essay that showcases your unique qualities and qualifications. Finally, be prepared to demonstrate your dedication and passion through your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and community service. With a little effort, you could be on your way to a fully funded scholarship.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
Difficulty varies based on individual qualifications, scholarship programs, and competition. However, countries like Germany, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, UK, and US offer various fully funded options with relatively competitive application processes.
Which country has the most scholarships?
It’s hard to definitively say. Many countries offer scholarships, both domestically and internationally. However, countries like the US, UK, Germany, China, and Singapore have extensive scholarship programs and attract many international students.
Are there fully funded scholarships?
Yes, numerous fully funded scholarships exist, covering tuition, living expenses, travel, and even health insurance. These typically aim at high-achieving students with demonstrated financial need. Examples include Fulbright Scholarships, Gates Millennium Scholars Program, and Mandela Rhodes Scholarship.
Which country is best for a full free scholarship?
There’s no “best” country, as every option has its unique advantages and disadvantages.
Studying abroad can be an enriching and transformative experience. With these top five fully funded Liberia scholarships, this experience is within reach for ambitious Liberian students, even in the face of financial obstacles. Each scholarship offers not just financial assistance but unique opportunities to foster leadership, excellence, and make a difference both locally and globally.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, The Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship, The Chevening Scholarships, and The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship are all incredible gateways to dream, grow, and lead. Remember, your aspirations are valid, and these scholarships are here to support them. So, go ahead, apply, and seize the opportunities that these scholarships present. Your dream of studying abroad could be just a scholarship away!