There’s no better place to take your education to the next level than Ethiopia. This vibrant and culturally rich nation offers a variety of fully funded scholarships for both domestic and international students.
The Scholarships for Excellence Program, funded by the Ethiopian government, is a great option for students looking to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies. There are also numerous other scholarship opportunities available through various organizations and institutions. Whatever your goals, there’s a scholarship waiting for you in Ethiopia.
Read on to learn more about fully funded Ethiopia scholarships.
Cultures Of Resistance Scholarships
This program offers fully funded scholarships for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies. These scholarships provide financial support, along with a unique opportunity to learn about the vibrant cultures of Ethiopia and beyond. If you’re interested in exploring new ideas and learning from different perspectives, these scholarships are for you.
- Be a citizen of a country that has been affected by wars and extreme poverty. Priority is given to students from Afghanistan, Burma/Myanmar, DRC, Iraq, Kashmir, Kurdistan, Palestinian Territories, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tibet, Western Sahara, Yemen, West Papua and Papua. However, the program is also open to students from other eligible countries.
- Hold (or be expected to obtain) a good honours degree, preferably a first class, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time eligible programme at SOAS University London by the scholarship closing date.
- Meet the English language requirements of your offer of admission as soon as possible.
- Demonstrate a commitment to:
- Promoting human rights and justice for victims of war crimes.
- Enriching civil society and robust grassroots democracy.
- Using your education to make a positive impact in your home country.
How To Apply
- Review the eligibility criteria and application requirements carefully. You can find more information on the CRNF website: https://culturesofresistance.org/.
- Apply for admission to a full-time eligible master’s degree program at SOAS University London. Meet the program’s application deadlines and requirements.
- Once you have received an offer of admission, download the Cultures of Resistance Scholarship application form. The form is usually available on the CRNF website or from the SOAS Scholarships Office.
- Complete the application form carefully, addressing all the questions and providing supporting documentation. This includes:
- A personal statement outlining your academic and professional goals, your commitment to social justice, and how you plan to use your education to make a difference in your home country.
- Two academic references.
- Proof of your financial need.
- Proof of your citizenship in an eligible country.
- Submit your completed application form and all supporting documentation to the SOAS Scholarships Office by the deadline. The deadline is usually in February.
These scholarships, generously funded by the Cultures of Resistance Network, aspire to support individuals passionate about spearheading initiatives for peace and justice in Ethiopia. They seek to empower those whose hearts are dedicated to the cause of social justice and are armed with academic prowess.
Vanier CGS program
When it comes to investing in global education, Canada certainly stands out. In an impressive show of commitment, the Canadian Government has established a wealth of scholarships specifically for Ethiopian students.
To be eligible for the Vanier CGS program, you must:
- Have completed a master’s degree or be in the final year of your master’s program.
- Be enrolled full-time in a doctoral program at a Canadian university with a Vanier CGS allocation.
- Demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and research potential.
- Possess strong leadership skills and a commitment to making a positive impact through your research.
These offerings span a myriad of disciplines, encompassing areas such as science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and even social sciences. The mission behind these scholarships? To empower Ethiopian scholars with the skills and expertise necessary to catalyze socio-economic growth back home.
CODESRIA research grants
Passionate about social science research and its potential to influence policy formulation and implementation in Africa? If you’re nodding in agreement, then the CODESRIA research grants are perfect for you! Administered by the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA), these grants are a golden opportunity for Ethiopian researchers to take a deeper dive into research topics pertaining to Africa.
- Eligibility: Researchers, academics, and institutions involved in social science research in Africa.
- Application Process: Applicants are usually required to submit a well-defined research proposal, a budget, and other relevant documents.
If you have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and a desire to see your research turn into powerful policy tools, then don’t wait a moment longer. Explore the CODESRIA research grants and take the first step in this exciting research journey. Remember, your research could be the catalyst for transformative policies in Africa.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
To get a 100% scholarship, there are several steps you can take. First, research all available scholarship options and consider the ones that best match your academic and career goals. Be sure to meet all of the eligibility requirements for each scholarship you’re interested in. Next, put together a strong application package that includes your academic records, extracurricular activities, and any relevant work experience. Finally, be sure to follow up with the scholarship committee and thank them for considering your application. By taking these steps, you’ll give yourself the best chance of earning a 100% scholarship.
Which country is easiest to get full scholarship?
If we’re going by the percentage of scholarships available and the ease of the application process, Germany is one of the easiest countries to get a full scholarship in. With a variety of fully funded scholarships like the DAAD scholarship program, Germany offers numerous opportunities for international students to study for free. Other countries that offer great scholarship opportunities include Finland, Norway, and the Netherlands. All of these countries have relatively straightforward application processes and a high percentage of scholarship availability.
Is Ethiopia eligible for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
Currently, Ethiopian students aren’t eligible for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees due to program exclusivity for EU and partner countries. However, explore other Erasmus+ scholarships for various study levels and fields!
Are there any fully funded scholarships for international students?
Numerous scholarships offer full funding, covering tuition, living expenses, and sometimes travel costs. Here are some exciting possibilities:
- Fulbright Scholarships: Funded by the U.S. government, these scholarships support international students for undergraduate and graduate studies in the United States.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: Outstanding students from developing countries can pursue fully funded postgraduate studies at the University of Cambridge.
- Rhodes Scholarships: Exceptional students from around the world can access full funding for postgraduate studies at Oxford University.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships: Full funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies worldwide awaits students from developing countries.
Which country gives full scholarship?
Many countries offer full scholarships to international students, often focusing on specific fields or regions. Consider exploring possibilities in:
- Australia: Australian Government Scholarships and Australian Awards for Africa provide full funding for postgraduate studies in various fields.
- Singapore: Singapore Scholarships offer full funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at top universities.
- New Zealand: New Zealand Scholarships provide full funding for postgraduate studies at New Zealand universities for international students from select countries.
- China: Chinese Government Scholarships offer full funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at various universities in China.
Remember, the scholarship world is vast and brimming with possibilities. Diligently research options, align with programs and scholarships matching your goals, and present a compelling application showcasing your full potential. With dedication and the right approach, you can transform your educational dreams into reality through scholarships!
In wrapping up, fully funded scholarships open the gateway for Ethiopian students to attain their educational aspirations without financial roadblocks. Opportunities abound, ranging from the transformative Cultures of Resistance Scholarships to the empowering Canada Scholarships specifically for Ethiopian students.
Prospective applicants must stay abreast of these scholarships and be well-prepared for the application journey. Remember, education is a potent instrument for shaping the world, and these scholarships serve as crucial stepping stones on your path to creating meaningful change. So, Ethiopian scholars, the time to turn your dreams into reality is now. Forge ahead with determination, armed with the knowledge that these scholarships are designed to light your way to success.