Lebanese students, your future is bright! The world is full of opportunities for you, and fully funded scholarships can help you reach your goals. From scholarships that cover tuition and living expenses, to those that offer professional development opportunities, there are many options available to you. If you’re ready to make your mark on the world, a fully funded scholarship could be the first step towards a brighter future.
In this blog post, we will dive into the details of these fully funded Lebanon scholarships and how you can apply for them. Keep reading to find out more!
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Beirut (AUB)
Imagine studying at one of the most prestigious universities in the Middle East, the American University of Beirut (AUB), with all your expenses taken care of. Sounds like a dream, right? The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program in partnership with AUB makes this dream come true for academically promising yet economically disadvantaged students.
- Open to citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Demonstrated academic excellence with strong grades and standardized test scores (SAT or ACT).
- Commitment to contributing to the development of your home country after graduation.
- Financial need and limited access to quality education in your home country.
- Strong leadership potential and involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Full tuition fees covered for your chosen undergraduate program at AUB.
- Comprehensive financial support: Includes living expenses, travel costs, health insurance, and academic materials.
- Academic and personal development programs: Provides mentorship, academic support, leadership training, and community engagement opportunities.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with fellow scholars, AUB faculty, and professionals in your field.
- Application deadlines vary for different intake cycles. Typically, the next application cycle for Fall 2025 would open somewhere between March and May 2024.
- You can find the latest application deadlines and instructions on the AUB Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program website: [https://www.aub.edu.lb/mcf/Pages/default.aspx: https://www.aub.edu.lb/mcf/Pages/Graduate.aspx]
- Required documents include:
- Online application form
- Academic transcripts
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT)
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Proof of financial need
- English language proficiency test scores (if applicable)
This program, available for both undergraduate and graduate students, eliminates the financial stress of education by covering the gamut of expenses, from tuition fees to accommodation, books, and even travel costs.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
For Lebanese students who are passionate about development and looking to pursue higher education, the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program is a dream come true. This prestigious scholarship provides access to some of the world’s best universities, giving you the chance to hone your skills and make an impact on your community.
- Open to citizens of developing countries (excluding Japan) with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree earned at least 3 years prior to the application deadline.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent development-related work experience after earning your Bachelor’s degree.
- Currently employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
- Demonstrated academic excellence and strong English language proficiency are expected.
- Full tuition coverage for a Master’s program at one of the 52 Participating Programs offered by universities in various countries, including Japan, the US, Europe, Africa, and Oceania.
- Monthly living stipend to cover living expenses.
- Round-trip airfare from your home country to the university.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Travel allowance for essential travel during your studies.
Remember, the world is brimming with opportunities, but it’s up to you to reach out and grab them. Let the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program be your stepping stone to unparalleled academic and professional growth.
University of the People Online Tuition Free Degrees
Have you ever dreamt of earning a degree from an American university, but found the geographical or financial barriers too high? The University of the People may be your perfect solution.
- UoPeople doesn’t charge tuition fees for its courses, materials, or annual enrollment.
- However, minimal application and assessment fees apply per course ($120 for undergraduate programs, $200 for certificates, and $300 for graduate programs).
- Scholarships are available to help cover these fees for students demonstrating financial need.
Online and Flexible Learning:
- All programs are offered entirely online, accessible from anywhere with internet access.
- Asynchronous coursework allows students to study at their own pace and convenience.
- Peer-to-peer learning fosters collaboration and engagement with fellow students.
Accreditation and Quality:
- UoPeople is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), recognized by the US Department of Education.
- Faculty members are qualified professionals with extensive experience in their fields.
- Graduates receive internationally recognized degrees, opening doors to career opportunities worldwide.
Take the first step towards your dream degree with the University of the People – because a world-class education should never be out of reach, no matter where you live or what your financial circumstances are. Seize this unique opportunity to empower your future, today.
WMF Empowerment Through Education Scholarships for Developing Country Students
How would you like to impact your community by applying the skills and knowledge acquired from your university degree? The WMF’s Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program is the perfect platform for Lebanese students who yearn to make a difference.
Who can apply:
- You must be a citizen of a developing country as listed on the World Bank’s classification.
- You must be enrolled in or accepted to an accredited undergraduate program in your home country or a neighboring developing country.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on March 1st of the application year (2024).
- You must demonstrate a strong academic record, typically with good to excellent grades in your secondary education.
- You should commit to community service and have demonstrably participated in relevant activities.
How to Apply:
- Application Period: The application period for the 2024 scholarships opens on December 1st, 2023, and closes on March 1st, 2024. Be sure to submit your application within this timeframe.
- Application Method: You can submit your application online on the Wells Mountain Foundation website or by postal mail to the Foundation’s office. Online submission is the preferred method.
- Required Documents: Make sure you gather all the necessary documents before applying. These include:
- A recent photograph of yourself
- A completed application form (available on the website)
- A personal essay statement addressing the specific topic provided in the application form
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your academic capabilities and character
- Official transcript of grades from your secondary school (and tertiary studies if applicable) with grading keys for interpretation
- Official results from your national exam (if applicable)
So, are you a passionate Lebanese student, ready to use education as a vehicle for change in your community? The WMF’s Empowerment Through Education program awaits your application. Remember, this is not just a scholarship, but an opportunity to transform your future and the future of your community.
How to get a scholarship in Lebanon?
There are several ways to get a scholarship in Lebanon, depending on your field of study, academic merit, and financial need. Here are some tips:
- Research available scholarships: Explore online databases like ScholarshipPortal, Lebanon Scholarship Guide, and university websites to find scholarships relevant to your field and situation.
- Meet eligibility criteria: Carefully review the eligibility requirements for each scholarship and ensure you meet them all. This may include academic performance, financial need, community service involvement, or specific field of study restrictions.
- Prepare a strong application: Craft a compelling personal statement highlighting your academic achievements, career goals, and reasons for needing financial assistance. Gather all necessary documents, including transcripts, recommendation letters, and test scores.
- Apply early: Most scholarships have application deadlines, so submit your applications well before the deadline to increase your chances.
- Network with relevant organizations: Connect with universities, non-profit organizations, and government agencies that offer scholarships in your field. Attend scholarship workshops and fairs to learn more about available opportunities.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Obtaining a 100% scholarship can be challenging but not impossible. Here are some options:
- Highly competitive scholarships: Some prestigious scholarships like Fulbright or Chevening offer full funding to exceptional students. However, these programs are highly selective and require a strong academic record, leadership skills, and a well-defined career plan.
- University-funded scholarships: Many universities offer scholarships to attract talented students. Research your desired universities and inquire about their scholarship programs, including merit-based awards and need-based financial aid.
- Government-funded scholarships: Several governments, like the U.S. and German, offer scholarships to Lebanese students for specific fields like STEM or development studies. Explore opportunities through embassies and government websites.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
Several countries offer generous scholarship programs for international students, but the “easiest” depends on your individual circumstances and qualifications. Some countries known for their scholarship opportunities include:
- Scandinavian countries: Norway, Sweden, and Denmark offer tuition-free education for international students at public universities.
- Germany: Many German universities offer fully-funded scholarships for graduate studies, especially in STEM fields.
- France: The French government offers scholarships through the Eiffel program for talented international students across various disciplines.
- Austria: The Austrian government provides scholarships for international students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
What is the foundation that helps university students in Lebanon?
Numerous foundations in Lebanon support university students. Some prominent ones include:
- LIFE Lebanon: Provides scholarships for academically gifted students in STEM, Economics, Finance, and Law.
- Mawarid Scholarship Foundation: Supports Lebanese students from underprivileged backgrounds to pursue higher education.
- Ayadina Foundation: Offers scholarships for Lebanese students in various fields, with a focus on rural development.
- Ibrahim Al-Ibrahim Scholarship Program: Provides scholarships for Lebanese students to study at Lebanese universities or abroad.
Are there scholarships for Lebanese students?
Numerous scholarships are available for Lebanese students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These scholarships come from various sources, including universities, government agencies, private foundations, and international organizations. Utilize online resources and university websites to explore the vast scholarship opportunities available.
There you have it, an extensive look at the fully funded Lebanon scholarships that are currently available. Each one of these scholarships presents a unique opportunity for Lebanese students to overcome financial obstacles and gain access to world-class education. Whether you aspire to study locally or abroad, these programs cover your financial needs and pave the way for a brighter, more fulfilling future.
In conclusion, don’t let financial constraints hinder your educational aspirations. Leverage these incredible fully funded Lebanon scholarships to unlock your potential and empower your future. Remember, every journey begins with a single step. So, start today, apply for these scholarships, and embark on an exciting academic journey that will change your life and positively impact your community. After all, the future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams. Reach out, seize these opportunities, and let your educational journey soar to new heights!