São Tomé and Principe, with its pristine beaches, lush rainforests, and unique cultural heritage, is a truly magical place. But its real treasures lie in its commitment to education and its dedication to empowering students from all backgrounds.
The scholarships offered by the nation represent a chance for students to expand their horizons, pursue their passions, and make a difference in the world. With so much to offer, São Tomé and Principe is a must-consider destination for any aspiring student.
São Tomé and Principe (Chevening Scholarship)
The Chevening Scholarship is a stellar beacon of opportunity for budding leaders hailing from São Tomé and Principe. Orchestrated by the UK government, this grand initiative shoulders the financial burden of a one-year master’s program at any UK-based university. But, it’s not just about the money. From covering travel expenses to providing monthly stipends and assorted grants, the scholarship eases the path of international education for ambitious students.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of São Tomé and Principe
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.1
- Demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to public service
The Chevening Scholarship application process is competitive. You must submit the following documents:
- A Chevening Scholarship application form
- A personal statement
- Two reference letters
- A copy of your bachelor’s degree certificate
- A copy of your transcripts
The application deadline for the 2024-2025 Chevening Scholarships is March 1, 2024
YouthADAPT Challenge 2024: Scaling Up Gender-Responsive Youth Innovations for Climate Action.
Sao Tome and Principe students, are you ready to make a tangible difference in our world? Here’s a golden opportunity for you – the YouthADAPT Challenge 2024. This initiative is specifically designed to foster gender-responsive youth innovations for climate action. With this fully-funded scholarship, you have the chance to address climate change and gender inequality concurrently, paving the way for a sustainable, equitable world.
- Up to USD 100,000 grant: Winning projects receive financial support to scale their impact.
- Mentorship and training: Access to world-class experts and training programs for business development.
- Networking opportunities: Connect with investors, policymakers, and other stakeholders in the climate action ecosystem.
- Publicity and recognition: Gain visibility for your innovation and inspire others.
- Open to female founders or co-founders of legally registered businesses in Africa.
- Business must be operational for at least two years and generate profits.
- Must utilize 4IR technologies to address climate change adaptation challenges.
- Founder must be between 18 and 35 years old at the time of application.
- Business must hold at least 51% female shareholding.
So, if you’re a young student from Sao Tome and Principe with a passion for environmental justice and gender equality, the YouthADAPT Challenge 2024 is your platform to shine. Step up, seize this opportunity, and become an active participant in shaping a better future. Are you ready to accept this challenge and ignite a revolution? Let’s fight for a sustainable, equitable world, together!
Imperial College London President’s PhD scholarships for International Students 2024
Attention aspiring doctoral students from São Tomé and Principe! Here’s an opportunity that’s nothing short of a golden ticket to your dreams. The renowned Imperial College London, a global powerhouse in the realms of science, technology, and medicine, has unveiled its President’s PhD scholarships for international students. It’s not just a scholarship, but a comprehensive package designed to take you to new academic heights.
Who is eligible?
- International students from any background and nationality.
- Applicants with a first-class undergraduate or integrated master’s degree (UK equivalent) or a distinction in a standalone master’s qualification.
- Applicants who haven’t already commenced a PhD program at Imperial College London.
- Demonstrated research potential and alignment with the college’s research priorities.
How to apply:
- Applications for the 2024 intake closed on November 6, 2023. However, you can start preparing for the next application cycle, opening in January 2024.
- Check the official website for updated deadlines and specific application requirements.
- Contact the relevant department or supervisor to discuss potential research projects.
- Prepare a strong application package showcasing your academic achievements, research proposal, and motivations for pursuing a PhD at Imperial College London.
Your dream of achieving a PhD from a world-class institution is closer than you think. The Imperial College London President’s PhD scholarship is here to make it a reality. So, get ready to seize this opportunity, spread your academic wings and soar to greater heights. Your journey towards doctoral glory is just a scholarship away!
European Commission Access City Award 2024
The European Commission’s Access City Award 2024 is not just about financial support. It’s about the chance to be a part of a movement for change. It’s about making a difference in the lives of those who are often marginalized or overlooked. If you’re passionate about creating a more inclusive world, this award is the perfect opportunity to make your mark. Ready to get started? Read on to find out how you can apply.
- 3 prizes: First place receives €150,000, second place gets €120,000, and third place wins €80,000.
- Publicity and awareness: The award shines a spotlight on the winning cities, inspiring others to adopt similar measures.
- Sharing best practices: Award winners become models for other cities to learn from and replicate.
Application and Selection:
- Applications closed: For the 2024 award, applications closed in September 2023.
- Competition stages: Cities submit applications, national juries shortlist three entries per country, and a European jury chooses the final winners.
- Assessment criteria: Commitment to accessibility, concrete measures implemented, impact on lives of people with disabilities, and sustainability of initiatives.
Not only will you be a part of making the world a better place, but you’ll also gain the advantage of full financial support. Your tuition fees, living costs, travel expenses? Consider them taken care of!
Is it possible to get a fully funded scholarship?
While there’s no guaranteed formula, strategies can boost your chances:
- Academic Excellence: Stellar grades and test scores (SAT, ACT, etc.) set a strong foundation.
- Targeted Research: Find scholarships aligned with your field, career goals, and values for a better fit.
- Compelling Applications: Showcase achievements, motivations, and potential through captivating essays and materials.
- Diverse Funding Options: Explore merit-based, need-based, and country-specific scholarships. Don’t limit yourself.
- Early Action and Persistence: Research deadlines, apply well in advance and refine applications over time. Persistence pays off.
What is the Hong Kong fully funded scholarship?
Several options exist, like:
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: Offers full funding for PhD studies at eight universities.
- Belt and Road Scholarship Scheme: Supports undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Hong Kong universities for students from Belt and Road Initiative countries.
- World Scholarship Programme: Provides full funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies at various Hong Kong universities for outstanding international students.
Research specific scholarships based on your field, level of study, and nationality.
How can I get scholarship in Norway?
Consider options like:
- Norwegian Quota Scheme: Offers full tuition-free study at public universities for international students from specific countries.
- DIKU Scholarships: Provides funding for Master’s and PhD studies in relevant fields at Oslo University.
- UiT Arctic Centre Doctoral Grants: Supports PhD research at UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
Check universities’ websites and scholarship databases for more opportunities.
Which country is easiest to get full scholarship?
“Easiest” is subjective, but some offer more opportunities:
- Norway: Public universities offer tuition-free programs for international students (living expenses might require additional funding).
- Germany: The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) provides various full scholarships for international students.
- Sweden: Several universities offer full tuition scholarships for Master’s programs, particularly in STEM fields.
- Singapore: Numerous scholarships and fellowships exist, some offering full financial support.
- Netherlands: Dutch universities offer various scholarships and grants for international students, including some covering full tuition fees.
Remember, “easiest” depends on your background, field, and chosen universities. Thorough research and tailored applications are key.
How much bank balance is required for Norway student visa?
Currently, there’s no specific minimum bank balance requirement for a Norway student visa. However, you must demonstrate sufficient financial means to cover your living expenses during your studies, typically €11,972 per month. Consider providing evidence of:
- Scholarship funding
- Savings accounts
- Parental or sponsor support
Consult the Norwegian Immigration Service website for the latest regulations and documents required.
Remember, securing funding for your studies is achievable with the right knowledge and effort. Utilize this information as a starting point, research thoroughly, and tailor your applications to each program!
Be it through the Chevening Scholarship’s global exposure and leadership development, the YouthADAPT Challenge’s focus on climate action, the Imperial College’s commitment to academic excellence, or the European Commission’s push for inclusivity – every scholarship introduces an exciting journey and a transformative experience.
Remember, the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Your dreams await, and the world is ready to witness your brilliance. Seize these opportunities, and may your journey be a triumphant one!