There’s nothing quite like the chance to study in a country as rich in history and culture as Turkmenistan. However many students face financial obstacles in pursuing this dream. Fortunately, a wealth of scholarship opportunities exist for prospective students, many of which are fully funded.
Here’s your ultimate guide to fully funded Turkmenistan scholarships, taking you a step closer to your academic dreams.
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship Program
The program’s core ethos lies in promoting professional development, thereby shaping the leaders of tomorrow. Whether you’re at the start of your academic journey, planning for postgraduate studies, or aiming for the summit with a doctoral degree, this program offers full scholarships tailored to your needs.
To be eligible for the IsDB Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be a citizen of a member country of the IsDB. (Check the IsDB website for a list of member countries.)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic standing.
- Be admitted to a Master’s or PhD program at a reputable university in a field relevant to the IsDB’s development objectives.
- Meet the specific eligibility criteria of the chosen university and program.
The application process for the IsDB Scholarship Program typically opens in January and closes in March of each year. You can find detailed information and application instructions on the IsDB website: https://www.isdb.org/scholarships.
This comprehensive coverage allows you to fully focus on your studies and personal development, fostering a conducive environment for your success. With the IsDB Scholarship Program, you are set to embark on a rewarding academic journey in the culturally rich landscape of Turkmenistan.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees
The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees program might be your perfect match. This initiative, backed by the European Union, offers fully funded scholarships for a comprehensive two-year Master’s program. A unique feature of this program is that it provides scholars the chance to study in two or more different universities across various countries, with a guaranteed semester in the historic land of Turkmenistan.
Eligibility for EMJMs:
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Strong academic performance and relevant experience are typically required.
- Language proficiency in English and/or other relevant languages is important.
Finding the right EMJM:
- Browse the Erasmus Mundus catalogue for a comprehensive list of programs: https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/opportunities/opportunities-for-organisations/cooperation-among-organisations-and-institutions/erasmus-mundus-joint-masters
- Consider your academic interests, career goals, and desired learning environment when choosing a program.
- Check the specific eligibility criteria and application deadlines of each program you’re interested in.
Applying for an EMJM:
- Each program has its own application process, usually involving online applications and supporting documents.
- Start early, as deadlines vary and competitive programs might have earlier cut-off dates.
- Prepare a compelling application that showcases your academic achievements, research potential, and motivation for pursuing the program.
Remember, the journey is as important as the destination, and this program ensures your journey is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Imagine the chance to earn a Master’s degree while also broadening your horizons and fostering international friendships.
International University of Humanities and Development
The International University of Humanities and Development, located in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, is a unique institution that provides financial support to top-performing students. The university offers generous scholarships to both domestic and international students, with awards covering tuition fees, housing, and other living expenses. With its innovative curriculum and cutting-edge facilities, the university is a top choice for students looking to pursue a degree in the humanities and social sciences.
Scholarships and financial aid:
IUHD recognizes the importance of making education accessible to all. They offer a range of scholarships and financial aid options, including:
- Automatic merit-based scholarships: High-performing students in thesis programs automatically receive financial support.
- Turkish Scholarships Program: Joint scholarships with the Turkish government provide comprehensive funding for international students.
- Departmental scholarships: Specific departments offer additional scholarships based on academic merit or financial need.
Eligibility and application process:
Admission requirements vary depending on the chosen program. Typically, applicants need to hold a high school diploma or equivalent qualification and demonstrate strong academic performance. The application process involves submitting an online application form, official transcripts, standardized test scores (if applicable), and letters of recommendation.
Fulbright Scholarship Program
In addition to fully funding your study abroad experience, the Fulbright Scholarship Program offers cultural immersion and language training opportunities that will make your experience in Turkmenistan truly unforgettable. Whether you want to explore the country’s ancient history, soak up its vibrant culture, or immerse yourself in its unique language, the Fulbright Scholarship Program can help make it happen. If you’re looking for an immersive cultural experience, this scholarship is definitely worth considering.
- Citizenship: Be a U.S. citizen at the time of application and hold a U.S. passport valid for travel throughout the scholarship period. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Degree: Possess a conferred bachelor’s degree or equivalent by the start of the grant period. For programs like the Fulbright U.S. Student Program in Creative and Performing Arts, four years of professional training or experience can meet the requirement.
- Academic Excellence: Demonstrate strong academic performance reflected in your GPA, transcripts, and standardized test scores (if applicable).
- Research Potential: Show evidence of research capacity through past projects, publications, or future research proposals.
- Language Proficiency: Possess sufficient language skills in the host country’s language, depending on the specific program and location.
- Leadership and Engagement: Highlight your involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or other leadership roles, showcasing well-roundedness.
- Program Selection: Explore the diverse program options on the Fulbright website: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/. Choose a program that aligns with your academic interests, research goals, and career aspirations.
- Deadlines: Application deadlines vary depending on the program and country. Plan ahead and start preparing early, typically between April and October.
- Application Materials: Prepare a compelling application package featuring:
- Personal Statement: Share your academic goals, research ambitions, and motivations for pursuing the Fulbright program.
- Project Proposal (if applicable): Outline your research plan or teaching objectives for the scholarship period.
- Letters of Recommendation: Request strong letters from professors, mentors, or employers who can vouch for your academic abilities and personal qualities.
- Transcripts and Test Scores: Submit official transcripts and standardized test scores, if required by the program.
- Language Proficiency Evidence: Demonstrate your language skills through exams, certificates, or coursework.
Think of a scholarship that takes care of tuition fees, assures health insurance, covers travel expenses, and extends a monthly living stipend. The Fulbright Scholarship Program is all this and more, prioritizing your needs so you can focus on your educational journey.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Academic Excellence: Maintain a high GPA throughout your academic career.
- Extracurricular Involvement: Excel in sports, arts, or community service.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrate leadership through participation in clubs or volunteer work.
- Research Opportunities: Explore scholarships specific to your field of study.
- Effective Communication: Craft compelling essays and showcase your unique qualities.
- Financial Need (if applicable): Some scholarships consider financial need, so provide accurate information if required.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
Countries like Germany, Norway, and Sweden are often considered easier to obtain full scholarships due to their strong commitment to international education and generous scholarship programs.
Which scholarship is available now in Nigeria?
The availability of scholarships in Nigeria changes frequently. It’s advisable to check online scholarship databases, government scholarship programs, and individual university offerings. As of now, scholarships like the Nigerian government scholarships, MTN Foundation scholarships, and various others are commonly sought after.
How can I get funding to study abroad from Nigeria?
Explore these avenues for funding:
- Government Scholarships: Check for scholarship opportunities provided by the Nigerian government.
- Private Organizations: Many foundations and organizations in Nigeria offer scholarships.
- International Scholarships: Explore scholarships offered by foreign governments and institutions.
- University Scholarships: Check with the universities you’re applying to for their scholarship programs.
- Financial Aid Programs: Some universities offer financial aid based on need.
How can I get a free laptop for students in Nigeria?
Obtaining a free laptop in Nigeria may involve:
- Government Initiatives: Some government programs may provide laptops to students.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programs: Certain companies or foundations conduct CSR programs that include distributing laptops.
- Nonprofit Organizations: Some nonprofits work towards providing educational resources, including laptops, to students in need.
- University Programs: Check if the university you attend or plan to attend has programs that distribute free laptops to students.
Always verify the latest information from official sources, scholarship databases, and relevant institutions to ensure accuracy and eligibility.
With these fully funded scholarships, your dream of an enriching education in this culturally diverse nation is well within reach. Remember, these opportunities are not mere financial aids; they’re portals to a world of knowledge, cultural immersion, and personal growth.
Here’s to your academic journey in Turkmenistan – one that promises personal enrichment, academic excellence, and the chance to leave your indelible mark on a rich tapestry of history and culture.