Ghana is a vibrant and culturally diverse country that’s home to some of the best universities in Africa. And for students looking to pursue higher education, fully funded scholarships in Ghana are an attractive option.
From government-funded programs to those offered by private organizations, Ghana offers a wealth of opportunities for students from all backgrounds. So, whether you’re seeking to further your education in the arts, sciences, or humanities, Ghana’s fully funded scholarships are worth exploring.
African Development Bank Scholarships
A golden opportunity for Ghanaian postgraduates, the African Development Bank (AfDB) scholarships come as a beacon of hope. This highly-regarded scholarship caters to diverse fields such as Agriculture, Health, Science and Technology, and Engineering. It has been meticulously crafted to shape the leaders of tomorrow by providing full tuition, travel expenses, and a monthly stipend throughout the study program.
- Full tuition fees coverage
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
- Research and thesis grants (in some cases)
- Networking opportunities with AfDB professionals
- African nationality
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record
- Relevant professional experience (preferred)
- Commitment to contributing to Africa’s development
- English and/or French language proficiency
- Applications are typically accepted via online portals during specific periods.
- Each program has its own eligibility criteria and application requirements.
- Strong academic qualifications, a compelling research proposal, and a demonstrated commitment to development are crucial.
So dust off your dreams and take that leap of faith. After all, your bright academic future and Africa’s development could just be an application away!
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Scholarships
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is a hub of innovation and opportunity, and its MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is a shining example of this. With this scholarship, students from all backgrounds can access world-class education and receive a life-changing experience. The program doesn’t just focus on academics – it also aims to foster personal development and leadership skills. It’s a chance to not only learn, but to become a better person and a leader in your community. If
- Ghanaian or African citizen.
- Excellent academic record.
- Demonstrably strong leadership qualities.
- Proven financial need.
- Commitment to returning to your community and contributing to Ghana’s development.
- Follow the application instructions on the KNUST website: https://mcf.knust.edu.gh/
- Meet the deadlines specified.
- Prepare a strong application package including academic transcripts, a well-written personal statement, and letters of recommendation.
So, if you see yourself as an agent of change, with a vibrant mind and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, it’s time to turn those dreams into reality. Step forward, embrace the opportunity, and apply for the KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. Your journey toward excellence is a calling.
University of Ghana Scholarships
The University of Ghana, a beacon of knowledge and intellectual growth, is yet another fertile ground offering fertile ground for academic pursuits. This prestigious institution, through its scholarship programs, is striving to pave the way for determined students to conquer their academic dreams without being restrained by financial limitations. One of these much-acclaimed scholarship programs is the Fondazione Edu Scholarship.
- Ghanaian citizen
- Undergraduate student at the University of Ghana
- Majoring in a science or technology field
- Excellent academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA)
- Demonstrated financial need
- Full tuition fees
- Research equipment
- Applications are accepted online through the University of Ghana Scholarships website.
- The deadline to apply is February 28, 2024.
- Completed application form
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- Personal statement
If you resonate with the spirit of this scholarship, if your heart beats with the rhythm of science and technology, and if you are a promising Ghanaian student on the brink of unleashing your potential, then the Fondazione Edu Scholarship could be your key to unlock the door to a world of possibilities.
District Assembly Scholarships
The District Assembly Scholarships are an often overlooked but important source of funding for Ghanaian students. This scholarship, which is provided by local governments, offers opportunities to students from every district of Ghana. It’s a lifeline for bright and promising students who lack the financial means to pursue higher education. Beyond the financial support, these scholarships also provide a sense of pride and belonging to the community. In a way, they are not just about education – they’re about giving back to your community and paving the way for future generations.
- Ghanaian citizen
- Resident of the specific district offering the scholarship
- Graduated from Senior High School (SHS) with good grades (specific requirements vary by district)
- Demonstrated financial need (usually assessed through interviews or application forms)
- May require enrollment in specific fields aligned with the district’s development priorities
- Varies depending on the district, but commonly covers:
- Full or partial tuition fees
- Accommodation allowances
- Book expenses
- Transportation stipends
- Study materials
- Contact the District Education Office or Assembly in your district for specific application deadlines and procedures.
- Applications may involve submitting documents like SHS transcripts, recommendation letters, and evidence of financial need.
- Interviews are often conducted to assess eligibility and motivation.
So, to all the bright minds of Ghana, those who yearn for knowledge and are eager to mould their future through the power of education – the District Assembly Scholarships are an opportunity not to be missed.
What is the 2023-2024 scholarship in Ghana?
There’s no single “ultimate” scholarship, but a dazzling array! From government-funded gems like the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat awards to university-specific treasures like KNUST’s MasterCard Foundation Program, options abound. Each scholarship has its own focus, eligibility criteria, and application deadlines. Check out your preferred university’s website or visit scholarship aggregators like Scholarships4Dev or Ghana-Scholarships for a comprehensive list.
How can I get a scholarship in Ghana?
The key ingredients? Academic excellence, financial need, and a compelling application! Research various scholarships aligning with your field and financial situation. Meet the eligibility criteria, craft a strong application showcasing your achievements and aspirations, and don’t forget to apply before deadlines. Remember, perseverance and dedication play a crucial role!
Does University of Ghana offer scholarships for international students?
Absolutely! The University of Ghana boasts international-friendly scholarships like the Fondazione Edu Scholarship for science and technology fields, the Commonwealth Scholarships for postgraduate studies, and the University of Ghana Scholarships for diverse disciplines. Each program has its own eligibility criteria and application process, so explore their website for details.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Many Ghanaian scholarships, like DAAD, Deutschlandstipendium, and university-specific programs, cover entire tuition fees, monthly stipends, health insurance, and even travel costs. Essentially, they become your academic springboard! Focus on scholarships targeting your field, demonstrate exceptional academic merit, and highlight your financial background in your application.
What is the easiest fully funded scholarship?
There’s no “easy” scholarship, as each requires effort and dedication. However, scholarships with broader eligibility criteria or less competitive fields might be considered “easier” to apply for. Remember, any scholarship involves competition, so focus on showcasing your unique strengths and tailoring your application to each program’s requirements.
From the comprehensive African Development Bank Scholarships to the empowering KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, each one offers unique opportunities tailored for different fields of study. Fondazione Edu Scholarship at the University of Ghana is another striking opportunity, primarily benefiting those inclined towards sciences. And let’s not forget the District Assembly Scholarships, a valuable initiative that underscores the local government’s commitment to its young, bright minds.
In the end, it’s about more than just earning a degree. It’s about the impact you’ll make, the lives you’ll touch, and the difference you’ll create. The path may seem daunting, but remember, with these scholarships, you’re not walking alone. So, take that step. Your future is waiting.