As the youngest country on the planet, South Sudan has faced many obstacles in its formative years. Among these challenges, education is a significant one. To aid in overcoming this, many scholarship opportunities have been made available specifically for South Sudanese students. These fully-funded scholarships provide a lifeline for students from South Sudan, allowing them to pursue a quality education and better opportunities.
Beijing Government scholarships
A pivotal source of fully-funded scholarships for South Sudanese students is through the generous initiatives of the Beijing Government. These scholarships are part of China’s commitment to foster international relations and uplift developing nations through education. Just imagine studying in the heart of Beijing, a bustling city where tradition and modernity coexist.
- Tuition fees (full or partial)
- Monthly living allowance
- Health insurance
- International airfare (for some programs)
- Research support (for postgraduate programs)
- Deadlines typically fall in September or October.
- Applications are submitted through the chosen university or the Beijing Municipal Education Commission.
- Required documents may include transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- Selection criteria focus on academic excellence, research potential, commitment to China’s development, language proficiency, and overall application strength.
Securing a Beijing Government scholarship could mark the beginning of an exciting academic adventure. This chance to gain a world-class education, coupled with a profound cultural immersion experience, is indeed a golden opportunity.
Reach Oxford Scholarships
For South Sudanese students who dream of studying in one of the oldest and most renowned universities globally, the Reach Oxford Scholarships offer the perfect opportunity. These scholarships, offered by the University of Oxford, one of the world’s leading academic institutions, invite students from developing nations like South Sudan to embrace a world-class education.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a citizen of a country that receives official development assistance (ODA) from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- You must have been offered a place on an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford.
- You must demonstrate exceptional academic ability and outstanding examination results.
- You should be committed to returning to your home country after completing your studies at Oxford.
What does the scholarship cover?
- Full tuition fees
- A generous living allowance to cover your living expenses
- Additional funding to support academic activities and research
- A travel allowance to cover the cost of flights to and from the UK
How do I apply?
- Applications for the Reach Oxford Scholarships for entry in 2024 are currently closed. The application period typically opens in January and closes in February.
- You must first apply for and be accepted to an undergraduate course at the University of Oxford.
- You will then need to complete a separate scholarship application form, which will be available on the official Reach Oxford Scholarships website.
- Be sure to meet all the eligibility requirements and deadlines.
If you’re a high-achieving South Sudanese student with a clear vision for your future and an unwavering commitment to your studies, the Reach Oxford Scholarships are for you.
Read Also: Fully Funded Slovakia Scholarships
Can I find fully funded scholarships to study in South Sudan?
Yes, several opportunities exist for international and South Sudanese students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, and vocational studies with full funding.
Where can I find information about available scholarships?
- Check these resources:
- South Sudan Ministry of Education website: https://mogei.gov.ss/: https://mogei.gov.ss/
- Higher Education in Africa directory: https://hrafrica.org/: https://hrafrica.org/
- Scholarship databases: Scholarships4Dev, DAAD, World Bank Scholarships
- University websites: Many universities in South Sudan and abroad offer scholarships.
What are the common types of fully funded scholarships in South Sudan?
Government scholarships, NGO-funded programs, university-specific scholarships, international donor-supported programs.
What does a fully funded scholarship cover?
Coverage varies, but can include tuition fees, living expenses, health insurance, travel costs, research grants, and book allowances.
Are there any additional benefits beyond financial support?
Some programs offer mentorship, networking opportunities, and career development support.
The future of South Sudan lies in the hands of its young people, and education is the key to unlocking their potential. With a fully funded scholarship, students can get the tools and resources they need to become leaders and innovators in their field. By investing in education, we are investing in a brighter future for South Sudan and its people. Don’t let financial constraints get in the way of your dreams – explore your options and take the first step towards a life-changing educational experience.