Slovakia may be a small country, but it offers big opportunities for students from around the world. With its fully funded scholarships, you can experience world-class education at a fraction of the cost.
There are a variety of scholarships available for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, ranging from STEM to humanities and social sciences. No matter what your academic goals are, Slovakia has something for you. Ready to explore the possibilities?
National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is a gem for students hailing from any corner of the globe. This program is driven by the mission to enhance the mobility and cross-cultural experience of students, PhD candidates, university educators, researchers, and artists.
- International students: Enrolled in a Master’s program at least in the 6th semester, or PhD students, or university teachers and artists.
- Slovak students: University students or graduates with relevant academic achievements and research potential.
- Specific requirements vary depending on the chosen scholarship type and category.
- Applications are submitted online through the NSP website: https://www.scholarships.sk/.
- Deadlines vary for different scholarship types, typically in November and April.
- Required documents include transcripts, CV, research proposal (for research scholarships), recommendation letters, and proof of language proficiency.
Whether you are an aspiring scientist aiming to break new grounds in technology, an artist ready to showcase your talent, or a PhD candidate looking to make your mark in academia, the NSP is your ticket to a life-changing experience. Let Slovakia be your next academic destination, and allow the NSP to make that journey possible and affordable. Grab this opportunity, apply for the NSP, and prepare to embark on an enriching journey of learning and discovery in the heart of Europe.
Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships
Another excellent route to studying in Slovakia without breaking the bank is through the Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships. This scholarship program is a testament to Slovakia’s commitment to fostering global academic connections. It promotes intercultural exchange and knowledge sharing by inviting students from partner countries to study in Slovakia.
- Requirements vary depending on the specific program and bilateral agreement.
- Typically, they target students at certain university levels, with specific academic achievements in relevant fields.
- Language proficiency in Slovak or English might be required.
- Each program has its own application procedures and deadlines.
- Check the websites mentioned above for specific instructions and application platforms.
- Prepare necessary documents such as transcripts, research proposals (if applicable), recommendation letters, and language certificates.
With the Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships, your dreams of studying in this beautiful country could become a reality. So, if you are a student from one of the partner countries, ready to take the plunge into international education, this might be your golden ticket!
The Erasmus+ Programme, an initiative by the European Union, throws open the doors of opportunity for students not just within Europe, but beyond as well. As part of this groundbreaking program, you’re eligible to undertake study periods and traineeships, and the program even extends support for staff teaching or training.
Benefits of participating in Erasmus+:
- Improve your language skills: Living and studying abroad is a great way to improve your language skills.
- Gain new qualifications: You can take courses and earn credits that will count towards your degree at home.
- Boost your employability: Employers increasingly value experience and qualifications gained abroad.
- Become more independent: Living abroad can teach you valuable life skills such as independence, problem-solving, and resilience.
- Make new friends: You will have the opportunity to meet people from all over Europe and make lifelong friends.
Who can participate in Erasmus+:
Erasmus+ is open to people of all ages and backgrounds. There are opportunities for students, graduates, staff, volunteers, and young people. The specific eligibility criteria vary depending on the type of activity you are interested in.
How to apply:
The application process for Erasmus+ varies depending on the type of activity you are interested in. For more information, please visit the Erasmus+ website: https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/.
So, if you’re dreaming of a Master’s degree with an international twist, then the Erasmus+ Programme could be your gateway to achieving this dream. The opportunity to experience different educational systems, cultures, and societies is an enriching prospect.
Read Also: Fully Funded Portugal Scholarships
What is the fully funded scholarship in Slovakia for international students?
There isn’t just one, but several! Here are some prominent options:
- National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic: Offers full coverage for tuition fees and living costs for Master’s and PhD studies, research stays, and teaching/artistic activities.
- Erasmus+ Programme: EU-funded program offering exchange opportunities with partial or full funding for tuition and living expenses.
- Bilateral Scholarships: Collaborative programs between Slovakia and other countries, often covering tuition and living costs.
- University-specific scholarships: Various universities offer merit-based and needs-based scholarships for international students.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
There’s no guaranteed formula, but you can increase your chances by:
- Excelling academically: Strong grades, research experience, and academic achievements are key.
- Choosing the right scholarship: Align your goals, field of study, and background with specific programs.
- Crafting a compelling application: Highlight your strengths, research potential, and career aspirations.
- Meeting deadlines: Be prompt and thorough in submitting all required documents.
- Expanding your options: Explore scholarships across different universities and agencies.
Remember, competition can be high, so dedication and perseverance are crucial.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
It’s difficult to pinpoint a single “easiest” country, as factors like scholarship availability, competition, and application requirements vary greatly. However, some countries known for offering generous scholarships include:
- Germany: DAAD scholarships and Excellence Scholarships.
- Norway: Quota Scholarships and ARENA scholarships.
- Sweden: Swedish Institute scholarships and Linnaeus-Palme scholarships.
- Netherlands: Orange Tulip Scholarship and Holland Scholarship.
What is the Slovakia Good Idea scholarship?
This scholarship program is currently in development and not yet launched. It aims to attract talented international students and researchers to Slovakia by offering comprehensive support and resources. Stay tuned for further updates!
Is Slovakia cheap to study?
Compared to other Western European countries, studying in Slovakia is generally considered affordable. Tuition fees are relatively low, and living costs are moderate. However, costs can vary depending on your lifestyle and chosen city.
All things considered, it’s clear that pursuing an education in Slovakia can be a rewarding and transformative experience. With a plethora of fully-funded scholarships, Slovakia provides students from all corners of the globe with the chance to immerse themselves in its rich cultural heritage and robust education system without worrying about the financial burden.
In the end, these fully funded scholarships are much more than a financial aid; they are a stepping stone towards a life-changing educational journey in Slovakia. With its welcoming arms extended, Slovakia beckons students from across the world to experience its unique blend of academic excellence, cultural richness, and breathtaking landscapes. So, are you ready to answer Slovakia’s call and embark on this exciting academic adventure? Let the journey begin