Education is the key to success, and every woman deserves equal opportunities to pursue it. However, financial constraints often pose a significant hurdle for many women who wish to advance their education. Fortunately, several organizations and institutions offer fully-funded scholarships for women to help them overcome this challenge.
These scholarships are designed to provide financial support for women to pursue their academic dreams and achieve their goals. In this era of gender equality, fully-funded scholarships for women have become a powerful tool for empowering women and promoting their education. Let us delve deeper into this topic and explore the benefits of fully-funded scholarships for women.”
AAUW International Fellowships
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowships is an esteemed program that offers complete funding for women seeking advanced educational opportunities.
- Be a woman who is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by the application deadline.
- Intend to devote yourself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Have applied to at least two accredited institutions in the United States for your proposed graduate or postgraduate studies by the time of the application deadline.
- Demonstrate a commitment to returning to your home country after completing your studies.
- Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
- Fellowship awards range from $20,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on the recipient’s financial need and academic program.
- The fellowship is paid directly to the fellow, not to the institution.
- Fellows are eligible to apply for a one-time renewal for a second year of funding.
- AAUW provides fellows with support and resources throughout their fellowship year, including access to a network of mentors and advisors.
The fellowship aims to empower these women and provide them with the necessary resources and support to succeed academically, professionally, and personally.
PEO International Peace Scholarships
The PEO (Philanthropic Educational Organization) International Peace Scholarships serve as a significant source of financial aid for women from around the world who are pursuing their graduate studies in either the United States or Canada. Depending on individual circumstances, a recipient may be awarded up to $12,500.
- Be a woman from outside the U.S. or Canada.
- Be admitted to a full-time Master’s or Doctoral program at an accredited university in the U.S. or Canada.
- Have at least one full year of coursework remaining in your program.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Show commitment to returning to your home country after completing your studies and utilizing your acquired knowledge to benefit your community.
- Scholarships are granted as “grants-in-aid” and vary in amount, but may cover a significant portion of your tuition and living expenses.
- Recipients receive ongoing guidance and support from a network of PEO members worldwide.
- The program fosters cross-cultural exchange and provides opportunities for personal and professional growth.
How to Apply:
- Applications are typically accepted between September and December.
Through such financial support, the PEO International Peace Scholarships not only help alleviate the monetary challenges of education but also play a pivotal role in shaping future leaders and influencers.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship
The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship is a unique initiative that aids women originating from emerging and developing economies in their pursuit of advanced studies in physical sciences and related disciplines. This scholarship program is designed to promote diversity and inclusion in these fields by providing opportunities for women to study at prestigious universities across the globe.
- Be a woman from a developing country.
- Hold a Master’s degree in a STEM field.
- Be enrolled in or have been accepted to a PhD or postdoctoral program in a STEM field at an accredited university outside of your home country.
- Have a strong academic record and research experience.
- Demonstrate a commitment to returning to your home country after completing your studies and contributing to the development of your community.
- Full tuition and fees for your PhD or postdoctoral program.
- A monthly living stipend.
- Travel allowance.
- Health insurance.
- Mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Academic merit
- Research potential
- Commitment to returning to your home country
- Leadership potential
- Contribution to the advancement of women in STEM fields
This, in turn, contributes to the development of a global community of women leaders in science, capable of driving social and economic change in their home countries. This fellowship is not just a scholarship; it’s a pathway to leadership and impact.
Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship
In honor of the trailblazing aviator and Zontian, Amelia Earhart, the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established to offer financial support to women who are pursuing their doctoral degrees in fields related to aerospace sciences or engineering.
- Established in 1938, the fellowship honors Amelia Earhart, a renowned pilot and Zonta member.
- It awards US$10,000 annually to up to 30 doctoral students globally.
- Recipients can use the fellowship funds at any accredited university offering postgraduate courses in eligible subjects.
- Open to females of any nationality.
- Requires enrollment in or acceptance to a Ph.D. program in aerospace engineering, aerospace sciences, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated academic achievement and research potential are crucial.
- Provides financial support to help pursue doctoral studies with less financial burden.
- Enhances your professional profile and recognition within the aerospace community.
- Offers networking opportunities with fellow Zonta members and industry professionals.
How to Apply:
- Applications are typically accepted from July to August each year.
- The application process involves submitting various materials, including:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
It seeks to ensure that the legacy of Amelia Earhart lives on by empowering women to follow in her footsteps and make significant contributions to aerospace sciences and engineering.
Which fully funded scholarship is easiest to get?
Determining the “easiest” fully funded scholarship to obtain can vary greatly depending on individual qualifications, eligibility criteria, and the competitiveness of the applicant pool. However, some scholarships may have broader eligibility requirements or less stringent selection criteria, making them relatively more accessible to certain applicants. It’s essential to research and explore various scholarship opportunities and determine which align best with your qualifications and goals.
How do you get a 100% scholarship?
Earning a 100% scholarship, also known as a fully funded scholarship, typically requires a combination of academic excellence, extracurricular involvement, leadership experience, and compelling personal achievements. Steps to increase your chances include:
- Maintaining a high GPA and excelling in standardized tests.
- Engaging in extracurricular activities and demonstrating leadership skills.
- Researching and applying for scholarships that match your qualifications and interests.
- Writing compelling essays and securing strong letters of recommendation.
- Meeting application deadlines and following application instructions meticulously.
Which country is easiest to get a full scholarship?
The ease of obtaining a full scholarship can vary depending on factors such as academic qualifications, field of study, nationality, and the availability of scholarship programs. While some countries may have more scholarship opportunities or less competitive application processes, it ultimately depends on individual circumstances and the specific scholarships available.
Who is the largest scholarship provider for women?
One of the largest scholarship providers for women globally is the P.E.O. Sisterhood (Philanthropic Educational Organization). The P.E.O. Sisterhood offers several scholarship programs, including the International Peace Scholarship for graduate study in the United States and Canada, the Program for Continuing Education for women returning to school, and the STAR Scholarship for high school senior women in the United States and Canada. These programs aim to empower women through education and support their academic pursuits.
Which Nigerian girl won a scholarship?
Numerous Nigerian girls have won scholarships to pursue higher education both domestically and internationally.
In a world where gender equality is still a work in progress, it’s essential to encourage and support women’s ambitions in academia and beyond. The scholarships highlighted in this article — the AAUW International Fellowships, PEO International Peace Scholarships, Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship, and the Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship — are powerful tools to promote women’s education and career development, especially in the traditionally male-dominated fields.
In conclusion, these fully funded scholarships are not just financial aids. They are a beacon of hope, an affirmation of faith, and a stepping stone for women to reach for the stars. Through them, more women can gain the education they need to make their mark in the world. And perhaps, in time, these initiatives will not only transform the lives of individual women but also contribute to creating a more balanced and equal society.